Saturday, October 27, 2012

Keepin' the 80's Alive!

We're finally to the end of September!

Monday, the 24th, was Alex's birthday which was celebrated in style at Baja Fresh complete with good company and cake.
Happy Birthday Alex!
Then, on Friday I participated in one of my favorite things I have experienced since moving out here. I'm not a big concert-goer. I've only been to a handful in my life, but back in April I was introduced to this local 80's cover band called "The Legwarmers."

Me, Karin, and Alex strikin' a pose.
A bunch of friends from the ward went in April and I had a blast, so naturally when I heard they were doing another concert in September I immediately purchased a ticket. They put on such a great show! As long as you can put up with the VERY crowded pit in front of the stage and the people around you getting progressively more drunk as the night goes on. Overall it's just a great time because most people come dressed in 80's garb and ready to dance to the 80's classics that everyone knows. Journey, Madonna, Wham, Michael Jackson, The Cure, the list goes on and on. Classic.
Best song: "Take on Me" by a-ha (possibly because it's my favorite dance to perform while playing Just Dance 3). Worst song: "Like a Virgin" by Madonna.

This is the face I make when "Like a Virgin" begins. I despise that song. 
Hours of continuous 80's music. Ears ringing for days afterwards. Feet sore from dancing. Doesn't get much better.
Kelli, Alex, me, Taylor, Stacie, and Brad.
Brad is their #1 fan, seriously, they dedicated a song to him.



No comments:

Post a Comment