Saturday, October 27, 2012

One Packed Saturday!

This post will cover a few different activities, as I don't deem any of them worthy of an entire post...so here we go!

The week after Amish country I had a packed Saturday! The day began with Alex and I supporting our alma mater as the BYU women's volleyball team played in a tournament at George Washington University. They played Princeton and I'm using the term "played" loosely...they dominated Princeton. Don't believe me? 

We had 2nd stringers in during the third game...just sayin. 

Next up was a bus ride across town to the H Street Festival, an annual festival where they have tons of food, clothing, random fun things, etc. all set up along H Street in DC. We met up with Liz there and had ourselves some grilled cheese sandwiches from a food truck called "Big Cheese." 

I like to use my height to provide others with shade. You're welcome Liz!
We also ran into our friend, Kati, who was working one of the booths for her job. She works at Gallaudet University, which as I understand it, is a university for the deaf. She is excellent at sign language and I love it when she sits up front and translates Sunday meetings into sign language. 
Look how diverse we are! Blonde, Redhead, Brunette.
My roomie referred to us as "Neapolitan friends."
We headed home after the H Street Festival so we could get ready for the evening's entertainment, which was...get ready for it...a Relief Society Appreciation Dinner put on by the Elders Quorum in our ward! Apparently this is going to be an annual thing, this was the second one, but I was not in the ward last year for the first one. We were served salads, followed by a potato bar, and a delicious dessert of cake and ice cream. They had also prepared some speakers to talk about how great we are because we are women. No argument from me. I felt very appreciated. 
The most efficient potato bar line you will ever see! Ever.
What service!











Many of us from the dinner, went to a party to watch the BYU vs Utah football game, which didn't start until 10 p.m. here on the east coast! Talk about a late game. The party was fun, I would have enjoyed it more if  BYU had won, but those last few minutes when they had to keep kicking the fans off the field were pretty entertaining. Not sure it was worth me staying up til 2 a.m. That's all I have to say about that. 

That about covers that weekend. Phew! Busy day! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! I was so happy you guys were able to come down!

    ReplyDelete